The Roosts permits pets to stay subject to the terms and conditions below:
- Pets include dogs only with the exception of those listed below. Cats and other pets are not permitted.
- The Roost reserves its right to not accept or refuse dogs at any time for any reason.
- The Guest is responsible for declaring that they will be bring pets when they book.
- The Roost permits a maximum of 2 dogs in a cottage.
- There will be an additional charge for your stay if you bring a pet. This will be advised at booking. This charge covers additional cleaning for allergens from your pet.
- All pet stays require declaration at reservation.
- Your pet/s are permitted in the cottage; however, we prefer they are not on furniture. Covers & towels are provided to protect furniture.
- Anytime your pet is outside the cottage or the fenced yard of the cottage we ask that they be on a leash, contained in a crate or in a carry bag.
- Guests are responsible for ensuring their pets have bedding, food and any other specific requirements of the animal.
- At no time should you leave your pet unaccompanied or in any vehicles.
- The Roost does not have a doggy door, so you are required to take your pet outside for regular toilet breaks if they are an inside dog.
- We provide ‘poop bags’ for you so you can keep the grounds clean and tidy. Dispose of them in the bins in the garage or by the front gate.
- If your dog is left on the premise and not accompanied, it is your responsibility to ensure they have enough water, and a distraction toys to avoid stress.
- For the enjoyment of all guests and neighbours, furry or not, our volume-control policy applies:
1 Complaint = 1 Warning
2 Complaints = Farewell
- The Roost reserves its right to evict a guest if we think your pet is being mistreated in any way including being left for longer periods of time or, causing disruption to neighbours & / or other Guests.
- We take no liability if your pet escapes, attacks wildlife, stock, people, other pets or is injured in anyway.
- Whilst we have an enclosed yard, we make no representation as to its adequacy of the fencing in keeping your pet contained.
- All Fur-Guests must comply with Victorian State Law:
The Domestic Animals Regulation 2015 in Victoria demands that all dog owners of declared dangerous dogs, declared menacing dogs and restricted breed dogs must comply with all requirements of the Act or face large fines for each offense or even imprisonment.
Victoria has listed dog breeds that fit the Victorian “Approved Standard” which are restricted and must comply with Act requirements.
- American Pit Bull Terrier (Pit Bull Terrier)
- Perro de Presa Canario (Presa Canario)
- Dogo Argentino
- Japanese Tosa
- Fila Brasileiro